You Will Not Find an Easier, Tastier, Quicker Recipe for Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Than The Fresh Tomato Sauce Recipe Found Here!
Bursting with anti-oxidants, phyto-nutrients, and fresh just picked off the vine flavor – Aprilanne’s Party Girl Diet Fresh Tomato Sauce Recipe is the perfect companion to her Grandma Rose’s Authentic Italian Meatballs & Spaghetti!
Watch along as we get the Inside Look at how to make Fresh Tomato Sauce as seen primetime on California Living with Aprilanne to go with spaghetti and our Authentic Italian Meatballs with Graziano Perozzi of Sonoma, CA.
Party Girl Diet Health Tip: This recipe for Fresh Tomato Sauce is easy, quick, and makes a tomato sauce so incredibly tasty for spaghetti, pizza, and Italian baked dishes you will never suspect it is actually good for you!
Tomatoes are a major source of the Antioxidant Lycopene which is thought to reduce the risk of Cancer by 40 % – notably prostate, lung, and stomach cancer and increase survival. Here’s an interesting tip – concentrated tomato sauces like the ones found on pizza and in pasta sauce have FIVE time more lycopene than fresh and canned and jarred tomato sauces have THREE times more the antioxidant value of lycopene than fresh tomatoes so there is no excuse to always have this power-food on hand any time you want or need a lycopene boost!
Fresh Tomato Sauce
Compliments of Graziano Ristaurante, Petaluma, CA
1. Cut a small X on top of 4 ripe, large, on the vine tomatoes – place in boiling water (boil for approx. 2 minutes to blanch – remove from water and pull off skin – dice.
2. Place approximately 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive in a large saute pan and saute 3 large shallots, minced.
3. Once onions are clear in color – add diced tomatoes to pan – one 8 oz. glass of white wine and approximately 8 oz. of water.
4. Add 1 bunch loosely cut fresh basil and 2 tsp. each sea salt and black pepper.
5. Simmer about 2 hours – the longer it cooks the thicker the sauce will be.
6. Serve over your favorite pasta and a side of our our Authentic Italian Meatballs and ENJOY!!! Aprilanne
Aprilanne Hurley SFN is a Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition,California Living’sHealth Expert, and author of “The Party Girl Diet,” available on Amazon.com so you can “Keep the Party Going…While You Lose the Weight!”
Hurley’s new book “The Sexy Abs Diet” will be available on Amazon this season! Visit SexyAbsDiet.com for pre-order updates and release date info.