Tag: how to make authentic Italian Meatballs
Originally featured on California Living™ with Aprilanne primetime, Grandma Rose’s Authentic Italian Meatballs Recipe is one of 2-weeks of delicious, easy recipes in The Party Girl Diet Book.
A little background on this recipe: Grandma Rose’s generation did not use measurements in recipes, but rather cooked with their senses, how the food looked, tasted, and even felt, adding more cheese, or spices etc., to perfect the texture, consistency, and flavor of a dish.
With this “cooking culture” in mind, the following recipe is the official recipe known as “Grandma Rose’s Authentic Italian Meatballs,” compliments of Joe Mack, Grandma Roses’ eldest son, who recommends tasting one as soon as it’s cool enough, “because that’s when they taste the best.”
Get in touch with your “Inner Italian” and give it a try…Buona Fortuna!
2 pounds of chopped beef, veal and pork
2-3 eggs depending on size, slightly beaten
1/2 cup plus of finely chopped onion
3 slices of white bread or 2-3 hotdog rolls, chopped finely – About 1/2 cup of skim milk or more – Very big bunch of Italian Parsley chopped fine/leaves only
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Heaping tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Soak chopped bread in milk till it is nice and mushy
2. Add eggs, parsley, onions, cheese, salt and pepper and mix well
3. Add chopped meat and mix well using your *hands; there is no alternative
*Fun Fact # 1 -Grandma Rose would never wear nail polish when cooking for fear that it may chip into the food she was preparing..
4. When thoroughly mixed, form into meatballs by rolling in your palms. You should make 18 to 24 meatballs.
5. Place meatballs in lightly oiled, olive of course, cookie tin and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Do not overcook. The meatballs may be browned in a frying pan; however, the baking is easier and probably healthier.
6. When cool remove meatballs from pan and scrape off any fat that has formed. Did you make more than you need or want to freeze some to enjoy at another time? Try Joe Mack’s Freezing Trick – by laying them out on a cookie sheet and covering to freeze for later use.
Want tasty, healthy recipes your whole family will enjoy? Discover how delicious healthy living can be @ PartyGirlDiet.com.
Aprilanne Hurley SFN is a Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition, California Living’s Health Expert, and author of The Party Girl Diet - the revolutionary new diet and lifestyle that lets you “Keep the Party Going…While You Lose the Weight.”
Party Girl Diet Survival Tip #2: Look Fit in Your Little Black Dress With Aprilanne’s “Toned-By-Tonight!™ Workout!
It’s always “little black dress” season - and there’s no time like the present to get “Toned-By-Tonight” with Party Girl Diet author Aprilanne Hurley, who shares her 20 minute workout here, and dishes her coveted pre-event diet and beauty tips and tricks LIVE on Hawaii News Now Sunrise KGMB- CBS and KHNL – CBS.
The Party Girl Diet is available on Amazon.com…so you can “Keep the Party Going – and Keep the Weight Off!”
Aprilanne Hurley is a Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition, author of The Party Girl Diet, and Health Expert for California Living, the Bay Area’s original lifestyle show featuring California’s trends in food, travel, and healthy living. The Party Girl Diet is the Revolutionary New Diet and LIfestyle is available on Amazon.com …so you can “Keep the Party Going…While You Lose the Weight!”
Email your nutrition, dieting/weight loss questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The content on this site is for informational purposes and is not intended to cure or treat any disease or illness. Please consult with your doctor or health care provider prior to starting any new diet or exercise regimen.