Tag: fat loss
Party Girl Diet Survival Tip #2: Look Fit in Your Little Black Dress With Aprilanne’s “Toned-By-Tonight!™ Workout!
It’s always “little black dress” season - and there’s no time like the present to get “Toned-By-Tonight” with Party Girl Diet author Aprilanne Hurley, who shares her 20 minute workout here, and dishes her coveted pre-event diet and beauty tips and tricks LIVE on Hawaii News Now Sunrise KGMB- CBS and KHNL – CBS.
The Party Girl Diet is available on Amazon.com…so you can “Keep the Party Going – and Keep the Weight Off!”
Aprilanne Hurley is a Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition, author of The Party Girl Diet, and Health Expert for California Living, the Bay Area’s original lifestyle show featuring California’s trends in food, travel, and healthy living. The Party Girl Diet is the Revolutionary New Diet and LIfestyle is available on Amazon.com …so you can “Keep the Party Going…While You Lose the Weight!”
Email your nutrition, dieting/weight loss questions to email@example.com .
The content on this site is for informational purposes and is not intended to cure or treat any disease or illness. Please consult with your doctor or health care provider prior to starting any new diet or exercise regimen.
Naturally your intentions to eat right, exercise, and loose weight are admirable and with adherence to the proper diet plan will ultimately deliver success. The problem is, most “fad diets” can be disguised as “quick weight loss miracle plans” which may unfortunately set people up for failure from the get-go because they are too rigid, promise unrealistic outcomes, and/or do not have the proven scientific research behind them to support their outrages weight loss promotion claims. So how can one distinguish between a fad-diet and a wholesome, healthy weight loss strategy? If a diet you are considering has any or all of the following components – proceed with caution:
Tell-tale Signs of a “Fad-Diet:”
1. The diet offers inflated marketing claims of ultra-quick weight loss (more than a few pounds a week).
2. The diet restricts certain food groups completely - “No carb” diets fall into this category which recommend you eat a diet full of health harming saturated fats in the form of eating all the full fat cheese, dairy, and animal proteins you want while eliminating heart healthy grains and legumes, and health promoting fruits and veggies.
3. The diet requires you to consume specific foods only such as eating only grapefruits, bananas, cabbage soup, all liquids, or large quantities of fat and protein for extended periods of time for instance.
4. The diet requires dieter to purchase specific weight loss supplements, drink powders, prepackaged foods and bars, etc. which can be an impractical “eating lifestyle” to adhere to and/or maintain over a long period of time.
5. The diet does not promote exercise and claims you do not need to be physically active to loose weight on the diet.
While the above list is rather abbreviated – the intention here is to get the message out to avoid “fad-diets” like the plague! To complete the picture, below are the attributes of a healthy diet – one that will offer you the most rewards for your efforts and the best results in your quest to loose weight and feel great this season:
3 Key Attributes of a Healthy Weight Loss Plan:
1. The diet allows you to eat all of the food groups in moderation – without limiting your intake of food groups that are proven to enhance and longevity such as fruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, whole grains, etc.
2. The diet plan is one that you can sustain (stay on) for long periods of time – ask yourself: “will I be able to easily stay on this diet plan for “the rest of my life?” If the answer is “yes” you may have found the perfect diet plan for you as long as it includes the rest of the points on this list!
3. Exercise is promoted and required daily/weekly to keep you healthy and help you burn calories in order to loose weight.
The information in the above list has also been provided in an abbreviated fashion in order to get the message of “healthy dieting” out there, and while loosing weight is not easy for many people the following simple, tried and true weight loss formula will help you in reaching your weight loss success goals:
ENERGY IN – (minus) ENERGY EXPENDED = CALORIES/WEIGHT LOST OR GAINED.
Calories/Energy consumed in the form of food – minus – Calories burned through exercise/activity equals = Calories/Weight lost or gained depending on whether a caloric deficit or surplus is created.
While it would be fantastic if everyone consumed a diet rich in nutrition and antioxidant rich fruits, vegetables, fish, lean protein and monounsaturated (good) fats – no matter what the calories consumed consist of – if a person of normal/average metabolism consistently expends more calories in energy (such as exercise) than they consume they will loose weight accordingly.
3,500 calories equals a pound of weight – when we burn 3,500 calories more than we have eaten we loose a pound. “Calories in – Calories Burned” = a successful weight loss strategy when you consume less calories than you burn or burn more calories than you consume.
If you are interested in getting more reliable, “No BS” information on “Dieting,” “Weight Loss,” and “Healthy Eating” – including details on our new diet book “The Party Girl Diet” available on Amazon this month - please visit PartyGirlDiet.com -Enjoy! Aprilanne
Related California Living with Aprilanne primetime TV segments now available for online viewing:
Aprilanne Hurley SFN is a Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition, Health Expert for California Living, and author of “The Party Girl Diet” coming out on Amazon.com, B&N.com, and many additional distribution channels worldwide Thanksgiving 2010! Bookmark this site for updates on when you can pre-order your copy of The Party Girl Diet! Please forward your private nutrition, dieting/weight loss questions to Aprilanne @ firstname.lastname@example.org – thank you!
Health information on this site is provided to enhance the nutrition and wellness of the general public. It is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please check with your health care professional prior to starting any new diet or exercise regimen – thank you. Yours in Good Living, Aprilanne
California Living: Get The Party Girl Diet’s Healthy Grilling Guide to Decrease your Cancer Risk 90% when cooking on the grill…
In California – “Outdoor Living is in” almost anytime of year, and especially when the weather starts heating up! Whether you’re cooking up a few steaks or chicken breasts for the family on the grill, or throwing an all out BBQ party in the backyard – protect yourself and your love ones from the not-so-healthy effects cooking meat on the grill can bring by marinading your poultry, beef, pork etc. in a mixture of ingredients with healthy anti-oxidants!
Now while I’m not aiming to be a total killjoy here – it is important to report that the process of cooking meat, poultry and fish on the grill has been proven to cause the formation of carcinogens (cancer causing agents) known as HCAs (Heterocyclic Aromatic Aminies) and PAH’s (Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons).
We all love to BBQ, and cooking on the grill is a quick, easy, and fun way to prepare meals - so here are a few steps you can take to decrease the cancer risk when grilling:
1. Use fruit marinades such as orange, lemon, lime, etc., and anti-oxidant rich herbs and spices such as cumin, rosemary, oregano, etc., in an olive oil base and marinate meats, fish, and poultry at least an hour before cooking to reduce carcinogenic damage up to 90%!
2. Using fresh foods such as garlic, onions, rosemary, tomatoes, etc. that contain antioxidants to protect one’s DNA from the carcinogenic damage caused by the Heterocyclic Aromatic Amines HCA’s and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons – PAHs formed when grilling meats, poultry, and fish.
3. Cooking in tinfoil to prevent the fat drippings and subsequent production of PAHs that are deposited back onto the food by smoke and flare-ups.
4. Using smaller cuts of meat so they take less time to cook; flipping frequently to promote faster cooking and prevent HCAs from forming. Ultimately you are in control when it comes to the foods you eat and prepare for yourself and your family so do take a few extra moments when grilling to include some of the ideas above to protect yourself and loved ones from the carcinogens created when grilling meat, fish, and poultry. Carcinogen byproducts are not formed by the way when grilling vegetables - so be sure to include lots of great roasted veggies such as colorful peppers, onions, tomatoes, eggplant, and zucchini and enjoy them all completely guilt free! Enjoy – Aprilanne
Aprilanne Hurley SFN is a Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition, author of The Party Girl Diet, and the Health Expert for California Living, the Bay Area’s original lifestyle show featuring California’s trends in food, travel, and healthy living. Hurley’s new book, The Party Girl Diet is a healthy, sustainable lifestyle plan combining today’s groundbreaking health and nutrition research with Hurley’s penchant for good living to deliver a revolutionary new diet and lifestyle that lets you “Keep the Party Going…While You Lose the Weight!”
Contact Aprilanne with your nutrition and lifestyle questions @aprilanne@DietDayNews.com
Watch Aprilanne on California Living @ CaliforniaLivingTV.com
Check out CA Living’s Insider’s Guide to Paring Wine and the BBQ on CAInsider.com NOW! And try marinading your meat i n the Olive Salsa Verde
The content on this site is for informational purposes and is not intended to treat or cure any illness or disease. Please consult your Health Care provider prior to starting any new exercise or diet regimen. content on this site is for informational purposes and is not intended to treat or cure any illness or disease. Please consult your Health Care provider prior to starting any new exercise or diet regimen.