CA Living Beach Body Workout
Here is “One AMAZING Exercise” that shapes your thighs, abs, back, chest and shoulders all at once:
“The Double Crunch”
1. Lie face up with knees bent toes on floor, a 3-5 pound medicine ball gripped between your ankles. With arms at your sides, contract abs and straighten legs perpendicular to the floor. (not shown)
2. Lifting your head and shoulder blades a few inches – reach up and grab the ball with both hands (see #2 below)
3. Lowering legs slightly, bring upper body almost all the way to floor as you lower ball behind you until arms are even with ears.
4. Crunch up again,(see # 4 above) placing the ball between the ankles, then bend knees and lower toes, arms and torso to floor to complete 1 rep. (See # 5 below). Do 10 – 12 reps. To progress, use a heavier medicine ball.
Note: The photos provided on this page are for illustration purposes only, and may not show every move, at every point exactly. Follow the written instructions provided as your guide; and always check with your doctor prior to starting any new exercise regimen.
“The Side to Side Lunge”
*Circuits are designed to strengthen muscles while adding a fat-burning element in a very time efficient manner. So while your performing the exercises, you’re heart rate remains elevated to boost your overall fitness level. Try adding or substituting the exercise below to your circuit for additional fitness benefits – it is a great compound movement working the inner thighs, glutes, and shoulders:
THE SIDE LUNGE: 1. Begin with your feet together and stand with the ball in front of you (see #1 below).
2. Raise the ball over your head as you bend one knee and bring the other leg out to the side, with toes pointing to the front . As you’re lunging, raise the ball above the head, concentrating on contracting the shoulders – Pause…
3- 4. Push off with the bent leg and lunge to the other side , lowering and raising the ball again while switching sides (see #4 below), Pause and repeat to complete number of desired reps.
Intermediate/Advanced Levels: Do up to four sets of 25 reps. on each side, follow with a 1 minute Cardio Blast and proceed to the next exercise in your Circuit.
Beginners: Start with one set of 25 reps on each side and add sets as you progress in stamina and strength.
Aprilanne Hurley SFN is a Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition, Health Expert for California Living, and author of The Party Girl Diet - the revolutionary new diet and lifestyle based on the most current health and nutrition to date so you can “keep the party going…while you lose the weight!”
Stay Tuned for Hurley’s Official Sexy Abs Diet coming to Amazon in 2012 with & Secrets to Sexier Abs in 2-Weeks!
For preview copies and media interviews please contact Hope Gilmore @email@example.com – thanks!